$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Well, I can imagine, very theoretically speaking, buying $10k cables but only after extensive audition and comparisons and provided I have near top end system. Would be more difficult with hard earned dollars than with not so hard. It's America, my friends, invest right and do nothing else. Now that would very hard earned cash. Oh yeah, where do you get funds to invest ? You borrow or inherit or save up a little, or even steal. Life is easy, some just don't know it.
It takes more than a week to build a cable? Seems inefficient, or as audioman58 earlier mentioned "stretching tea breaks".

Empire State Building was built in a little over a year (13-14 months, if I remember correctly). Enough time for 60 cables. It was almost 90 years ago. And cables were used in construction, too.

EDIT: "Framework rose at a rate of 4 ½ stories per week."

4 1/2 floors of Empire State Building in 1930 is equivalent of one speaker cable in 2018. Where did we go wrong?
It's a good question indeed. Also, why did we go wrong ? And why might we be losing a distinction between right and wrong ? Multiple alternative realities, my a$$.
@roberjerman, it was actually Robert Fulton who started it, with his "Brown" speaker cable. Next, I believe, was the Polk Cobra, which had so much capacitance it caused marginally stable amplifiers to oscillate.