12AU7 Genalex or Psvane for Cayin Hybrid Integrated H80A

In my search, I haven't found much that directly compares Genalex to Psvane 12AU7 recently. So far, I have had the Cayin OEM, Electro Harmonix, & Genalex, and my favorite is Genalex - quieter, smoother & more dynamic than the previous two.

I am now interested in trying Psvane purely out of curiosity & because it is within my budget for now. Not really interested in spending much more.

BTW, if you require system details, look for my Gallery at US Audio Mart site under member name ejc_xrx.

Thanks in advance for any input.
ericjcabrera
OP,Like you I am brand new to tubes. So much new that I just ordered a pair of Genalex 12AU7 and I don't even have the tracking number from Music Direct :-)
milpai,

Are you tube rolling too? My experience with Genalex Gold Lions have been very positive; hope you have the same experience. I have not yet pulled the trigger on Psvane's; they may not be what I am after. I may just go for the Brimar's only because of what is being said about them compared to Mullard's.

ericjcabrera
Yes @ericjcabrera. I am fine with the Mullards that came with the preamp. But want to try the Genalex for a "new flavor". Since I decided to get tubes, I am thinking why not tube roll and experience the "fun" that people talk about.
another one to consider is the Raytheon black plates. They are open and extended without any brightness.

In most apps, the 5814 should be an ok sub for a 12AU7,
RCA black plate 5814s are also nice sounding tubes.
Not knocking the GLs at all. They are nice tubes, just a bit different sound than the others. Also don't forget the orig Mullard UK ECC82s and Bugle Boys out of Holland. Both are nice tubes.
@ericjcabrera,
I receive the Genalex Gold Lions and installed them in my preamp. Even though they are new, they sound more "lively" with a much better presence than the Mullards that came with my preamps. Not that the Mullards sounded hollow, but the Genalex sound more full bodied.One of my misconceptions with "tubes" were that they were "delicate and could be easily shattered". Man tubes are sturdy. I was a bit worried to "rock and shake" the tubes out of the sockets to remove them. Similarly to put them back, you have to do the same and keep pressing them "in" so that they "fit right".