ONKYO TX-NR905

Hi all!

Anyone of you have the TX-NR905 receiver? I have a quick question about this receiver. When I am listening to either PURE AUDIO or DIRECT, I don't hear any sound coming out of the subwoofer. The PURE AUDIO and DIRECT sounds really good but no bass. I am using THX certified satellite speakers all around in a 5.1 setup. All my 5.1 speakers are small and can not produce bass. That's why I have a subwoofer.

Thanks for any advice!!!
mantaraydesign
Joeyboynj - All their speakers sits on speaker stands. My L/R are the same. They sits on stands which stands about 49 inches tall and they do look like floor standing speakers. I don't consider speakers which sits on stands are full range floor standing speakers. They still consider satellite speaker to me. Again, I am not sure what is consider a full range floor speaker? Did you look at my specs for my L/R speakers?
Joeyboynj - below are the specs for my L/R front speakers:

Type: Sealed-box, 3-way Sealed-box

Drivers:

(2) 5-3/4" polypropylene woofer

(2) 3" composite cone midrange

(1) 1" cloth dome tweeter

Frequency: 80Hz – 20kHz

Response: (3dB)

Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm

Sensitivity: 90dB

Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 – 150W

Size: (W x H x D) 7.6 x 23.0 x 11.7in

Weight: (each) 26.75lbs

Magnetic Shielding: Yes
Ideally, full range speakers run from 20 HZ to 20,000 HZ. +/- 3dbs.

Most full range speakers are lucky if they go down to 40 HZ. So I would look for something in that range. 40 HZ – 20K HZ. More expensive speakers and usually big one will go full range.

You are right about the stands part. I did not notice that...
I could drive my Wilson WP7s without a problem and got the best sound with the Audessy calibrated and Stereo mode. I used a Velodyne SPL1200R sometimes but found it a bit slow when listening to music(but nice for movies). I think the 905 is an excellent machine and also at a Very nice price.
use pre out L/R jack on the reciever connect to sub L/R and you might be able to listen with sub in direct or pure audio mode.. Then you will have to adjust the sub by ear to blend it in to your mains.