soundstage question

My speakers (eminent technology lft 8bs) are @ 4 feet from the back wall and I have an old crt rear projection tv between them.  I am replacing it with a new oled tv (primarily to remove the old big  box tv and improve the sound of my system) and can position that close to the back wall.  Any recommendations for placing that would be welcome.  My assumption is a wall mount would be best, but have any members used a wall shelf for a tv (base of tv is 24 inches)  or a stand that would least compromise the soundstaging?  many thanks.  
majorc
The op doesn't need to deal with much floor, ceiling, or sidewall reflections---the ET LFT-8's are line source dipole loudspeakers. Behind the ET's is a different story, of course. One thing you could try is a pair of 2' X 4' floor-standing diffusers or absorbers placed either side of the new TV, parallel with the side walls and facing each other, to deal with the back wave without having to move the diffusers between listening and watching positions (read on). If moving them doesn't bother you, place them against the wall either side of the TV while watching it, and move them to in front of the screen for music listening.
Many thanks; your responses are greatly appreciated. I'll take Erik's advise and get the tv in first and then tweak in accordance with your suggestions.  The first issue I will need to address is whether to use a small stand, wall mount or  shelf for the tv.  Any thoughts re that issue and specific recommendations would be appreciated.  I googled  and couldn't find a commercial tv wall shelf so that probably will have to be custom made.