Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
Well, after obtaining a streamer (Arcam,)  and dumping Chromecast Audio, I still find CDs superior sonically to streaming when comparing identical tracks.
 The streamer is close though.
rvpiano, maybe I missed it but did you mention what CD player you have? Someone else had a similar experience as yours using an Esoteric K-05x player which is obviously difficult to match with most if not all streaming devices. It needs to be apple to apple comparison. 

Well, after obtaining a streamer (Arcam,)  and dumping Chromecast Audio, I still find CDs superior sonically to streaming when comparing identical tracks.
 The streamer is close though.

With this equipment, it's not surprising.  Too much jitter.  Are you streaming Tidal?

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

When conducting your comparison did you turn off the “loudness compensation” in the Tidal app?
If you didn’t, that will certainly alter the comparison IME.
I have a Cyrus transport.  Both the Arcam and Cyrus are run the a Schiit Gumby DAC.
  I’m actually streaming Tidal, IDAGIO, Qobuz, and Spotify at different times.
(All But IDAGIO are trials.) Tidal seems to be the best.
I don’t know about loudness compensation.  I never implemented it.