Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
I sold many many Lumin’s in over 3 years of time. I sold the most Lumin L1 drives compared to any other shop who also sells Lumin.

Audio is all about shootout. And each single person wants that sound what is superior to any other quality.

I have many clients who first used different nas drives. But.....when we did compare the modified Lumin L1 with their nas. And even the most expensive ones. It was no match.

This is why I sold so many Lumin L1’s. You would be a born MF. fool to use any nas. The same counts for streaming by Tidal and Qobuz. When we compare the same music streamed by Tidal and Qobuz to the modified Lumin L1 and modified SBooster. The streamed music is just one big F. joke!

In my world and those of my clients streaming is just for little children. Clients who streamed a lot, now stream a lot less after they modified their Lumin L1. The difference in level in so huge, that streaming is not that impressive anymore. When you hear music played by the modified Lumin L1 (and modified SBooster) what it does to your emotion is so addictive. The joy and smiles it creates on your face is priceless.

We create sound and are always looking for the best quality possible. 2nd best and less is only made for the born losers in this world. We take care of all our clients. And want each single person to get the best quality for their money!
You seem to be firmly in the wire directionality camp based on your comments regarding Audioquest Hurricane power cord and Audioquest USB cables, what with “much more details and layers,” as you say. Care to elaborate on wire directionality?
@bo1972 :" 2nd best and less is only made for the born losers in this world. We take care of all our clients."

Nice. Doubt I'd be one of your clients.
You need to learn to look further............why you should sell products which are not the best in each single price tag?

If I buy something I want the best quality for the money I spend. This is what we give all our clienst. I can garantee you that most people love a honest advice.

I always ask new clients? What do you prefer? Do you want the truth or you want us to tell you what you would like to hear?

We believe in the truth. When people read overhere that they did not choose the best option. It is often that people react negative. They would have liked that their choice was the best or at least a good one.

And again you need to learn to look further. When you really want the best, we always and only create the best possible.

We have many clients all over the world who are happy every single day with their system. Because we are extreme perfectionists and want the best for each individual client. When we would not give a honest or best advice you will loose your trust.

We are very loyal and dedicated to all our clients. They understand that with all our knowledge and insight we brought them to a much higher level than they ever have been before.

It is our duty and task to create systems which are used each single day. What will connect them to their music. We create sound and this makes us able to bring people a lot more close to the emotion of music. You only can create a high level in realism and emotion when you do a lot of research in audio all the time.

We work for our clients. And we put a lot of effort and energy to give them the best result possible. This is the only way people will stay happy with their system each day they want to use it.
Post removed