Kuzma/Koetsu feedbak??

I am seriously considering the purchase of a new TT rig.  It consists of a Kuzma Stabi XL DC turntable, a matching Kuzma 4 Point 14" tonearm, and a Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum cartridge.  It will be played through a Naim 500 series amp and preamp and phono stage.  The speakers are a pair of brand new Grandinote Mach 36's.  I would appreciate any and all feedback from those familiar with this equipment.
Thanks for taking the time,
Mitch
orenstein
Nothing against or for Kuzma but I think that at this level you might want to compare a few turntables, preferably in the same system. Especially if you are going to keep your analog front end for a long time. It is usually difficult to arrange this, I know.
Turntables/tonearms do not sound the same, in other words they do coloration differently. Cartridge is least important, Koetsu or Airtight, almost non-issue if you want to go in this direction.
Thank you for your responses and encouragement.  Getting this new rig will be a significant jump for me since I have been using a Linn LP 12 fwith an Ekos and Archiv for over 30 years.  I also saw some great reviews of a Kronos TT.  Any thoughts?
The 2-platter Kronos is an intriguing alternative to the Kuzma. So is the Doehmann tt with built in Minus K isolation. ( I’ve heard that one.) Both of these offer some new age thinking as far as features and design. You probably don’t want this comment, but IMO the Naim electronics, while they’re fine per se, are maybe not up to the level of your potential new phono gear.
Maybe @Inna is right and you should do some comparisons, though it is almost impossible to get these things in the same room, same system and control variables. So you’ll likely have to evaluate in a dealer setting, but at least you should be able to play with the turntable and get a ’feel’ for it. Or find a couple of owners who will let you do the same.
How much the table/arm contributes (or better, doesn’t contribute) to the overall sound is sometimes tough to figure out in a completely unknown setting in my estimation.
The big Kronos is quite nice, I haven’t played with the smaller one, can you use a different arm if you choose to?
As to Doehmann, the Minus K technology works- I use the big Minus K isolation platform under my XL with an HRS ’plinth’ between the turntable and the Minus K. You do have to isolate the XL or at least put it on a very stable surface that can handle the weight.
One other factor, which is difficult to predict (except with hindsight) is whether a product will be enduring and be a ’classic’--there are some exceptional vintage tables that are now sought after, decades after they were manufactured, and others that were at the top of the heap for a while and are now not as desirable even if still manufactured. I’m not suggesting that is the case for either the Kronos or Doehmann, but it’s worth recognizing -- even though there may be no way of predicting that. I’m talking less about value as an ’investment" (few of these things are such) but design, engineering, manufacturing quality and whether the company is enduring. Some folks love turntables like the Rockport or others, even older, like the EMT, that are no longer made. That would be a fascinating topic for discussion elsewhere- what makes a classic hi-fi product as opposed to an old curiosity? I wish I could tell you.
Good luck-- this ought to be fun, and turntables and arms at this level ought to introduce fewer artifacts into the sound, so you will have the pleasure of hearing more by hearing less (if that makes any sense).
Bill
lewm
Thanks for your response.  I do not know anything about the Doehmann, but will look into it.  My Naim gear has been upgraded with recapping and DR improvements to the power supplies.  I also have the Naim 555 CD player with 2 555 power supplies (also DRed).   What makes you think they may not be up to snuff?  I've always thought the Naim gear offers a very natural sound.