Why don't all phono preamps include a rumble filter?

In my system, the use of a rumble filter is mandatory (I notice no degradation of sonics when I engage the rumble filter).  I'm thinking of upgrading my phono preamp and would like to choose one that has this as an optional feature.  However, it appears that most manufacturers of phono preamps do not include this.  Why not?  Does the use of a rumble filter degrade the sound of a phono preamp?
louisl
In a modern, properly specified, and correctly installed, aligned, and calibrated LP playback system no rumble filter is necessary because there is no rumble of significant presence what are you using for your LP playback system if you tell us we may be able to help that is where your problem is.
 There are many purist  types who would reject the notion of using a rumble filter for just the reason that you suggest in passing. Which is to say the filter can degrade sound quality. After all, the simplest filter you can construct would be a passive one that would use a capacitor there is no such thing as a totally transparent capacitor. But also you would need some active components, so that you do not lose gain as the signal passes through the filter.  All of that said, I think KAB make a rumble filter that can be used outboard of any preamp. Check their website. What I myself would do is to find out why my system needs a rumble filter in the first place. Once I have figured that out, I would correct the problem, rather than adding a filter. 
Thank s for these quick responses to my question.

First:  @clearthink 
my analog system is a VPI Classic 3 TT, using either a Lyra Kleos Cartridge 0.5 mV, or a Spectral Reference Cartridge 0.2 mV. Using High Fidelity Reveal interconnects, into a Acoustech (Sutherland) phono preamp.  The TT is wall mounted, on the wall behind the speakers (Legacy Focus SE's), augmentedwith a pair of REL Storm III subs).

Second:  @lewm 
i am using a KAB rumble filter (with great success).  It is wired in to my Tape loop of my preamp (Audible Illusions L3).  I notice absolutely no degradation of sound when it is engaged, only the removal of an rumble.  My room is 14 1/2' x 19'.  At low volumes, I don't need the rumble filter, but at any 'realistic' volume (90db or above), I need it. The way my room is set-up, there is no way to move the TT to a different location in the room.
Nakamichi also used to make an inline filter that I believe was down around 10 that worked very well, with that said with a table such as yours there should be no need and only take away from it all.