power cord

I have a PerfectWave Power Plant 5. Would it be safe to substitute an after market power cord for the one it came with?
mewsickbuff
@mewsickbuff how much did you want to spend on a new or used power cord?
Definitely consider a Shunyata Venom HC power cord.  20 amp IEC plug termination seems to be all that's available now.  $175 for 6 feet new from Music Direct or The Cable Co.  Well worth it though you'll need a 20 amp cable to 15 amp IEC converter.  Of course you can spend plenty more on a converter from Shunyata or Voodoo Cable ($75) but after break in, I heard little difference between a $10 generic and the $75 Voodoo Converter (the latter bought used for less, fortunately). 

Note as well several recommendations of the Analysis Plus Pro Power Oval made in various threads by one, Geoff Kait.  6 foot length/15 amp IEC termination available new for ~$110 right now from Musician's Friend and Guitar Center.   

Good luck in your hunt.
I see you have a whole house sine wave voltage regulator.  Or do you run off Tesla Powerwall with solar panels and wind turbines?

If not, then the 18AWG hospital cord will do just fine.

Do we realize that there are hundreds of feet of basic 12AWG wiring around that house, and ahead of them the buzzing poletop transformer that killed momma bear? What will 6ft change?