How important is it for you to attain a holographic image?

I’m wondering how many A’goners consider a holographic image a must for them to enjoy their systems?  Also, how many achieve this effect on a majority of recordings?
Is good soundstaging enough, or must a three dimensional image be attained in all cases.  Indeed, is it possible to always achieve it?

128x128rvpiano
orpheus10 & gdnrbob ...

I remember when Clifford was killed too. My older cousin, who introduced me to jazz, broke the news to me. He was actually crying.

I remember back in the early 70s as I was looking through the used records at Aaron’s Records in West Hollywood, across from Fairfax high school, as a man standing next to me was looking through the Clifford Brown section. I asked him if he knew Clifford’s music. He said ... "Oh sure, I play classical trombone with the Los Angeles Phil. All of us brass players know about Clifford - he was the best."

And indeed he was. :-)

Frank
When I listen to the Hollywood Saxaphone Quartet ( https://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Saxophone-Quartet/dp/B00CHQKNNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=15464207...
or Doc Evans "classics of the 20" on Audiophile AP 50, https://www.amazon.com/Classics-20s-Red-Vinyl-Evans/dp/B002LO6RAA/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&...(mid-50s mono LPs, the saxes aren't piled up in the center but spread across between my speakers and the band is spread out as well with instruments placed 3D in between depending on where they were recorded.  So many of my mono LPs have depth and spread out performers, as if they were stereo, it fools even die-hard stereophiles.   Maybe I just have a mediocre audio system that falsifies mono into omni-sound.  Although I doubt that because true stereo sounds great as well and my speakers are definitely non-omni types.  Just ask Oregonpapa since his system is similar type and similar sounding.
I’ve been known to leave the mono switch on after playing a mono album an not notice for a day or two of stereo recordings so probably not a major issue for me.

What I do dislike is when the sound dives for the closest speaker when I listen off axis as I’m often not listening alone, it’s possible to set speakers up so this doesn’t happen and the image stays stabe but the positioning needs to be quite precise. I found Sumiko Masterset quite useful for this.

Yeti, I know it's possible to have a very wide "sweet spot", but very expensive; I don't have it, mine is the same as yours.

Fleschler, probably none of our systems are identical, and yours can do things mine wont do.