Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
I have owned/reviewed:
Acoustic Imagery Atsah (NCore 1200)
Audio Alchemy DPA-1 (?)
Nord One Up (NCore 500)
PS Audio Stellar S300 (Icepower)
Rotel RMB-1565 (Icepower, currently my HT amp)
Emerald Physics EP100.2SE (?)
Wyred 4 Sound ST-500-II (Icepower)
Wyred 4 Sound ST-750LE (IceEdge Icepower)

The Wyred 4 Sound ST-750LE is still in use while the rest have found new homes.

Happy listening!

Regards,
JerryS
10audio.com
Consider the amps made by Wyred for Sound.  I use a pair of SX-1000 in a bi-amp configuration with a pair of class AB amps driving MBL speakers.
I have some older Bel Canto units (before the Black series), pre and amp that have been superb. Super low noise, lots of oomph, sweet midrange on my Merlin VSM's, and I can leave them on all the time!

Current Class D has come a long way compared to a few years ago, who wouldn't want good amplification which is more efficient, takes up less space, runs cooler... and is possibly better value depending on which manufacturer you choose.

Yes Class D is improving as the high tech elements of the modules improve. Class D amps are like DACs in this regard. A current Class D amp will be much better than one from 10 years ago. 
+1 for D-Sonic.  Great build quality, no-nonsense design (some people see it as a bad thing, but I love black equipment with blue LEDs on them)!  Ton of power, they are awesome on Magnepans, which are very inefficient.