Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I vote for cables as short as you can make them. And then however they're made doesn't matter as much.
Excellent discussion -All.
5000 posts and going stronger than ever. Way to Go Panel!

Happy Listening!
I have been through tons of speaker cables and I can tell you that you do not need expensive cables to enhance characteristics of the 3.6.  There are several sub 1K cables that have worked better for me than many low to mid 5 figure cables.  All depends on your tastes and your amp.  Enjoy those great speakers!

I am thinking whether it is a good thing or a bad thing.  It could mean the bottleneck could be in the internal cables used for the particular speakers.  So the overall improvement by the external cables is held back by the quality of internal speaker cables.

I have used various cables in my speaker designs.  I have used some cheap cables from Fry's electronics and Supra cables from Madisound and the Supra cables significantly improve the sound.

I have seen various pictures of the CS2.4 xovers and although I don't have any information on the cables used, something tells me the CS2.4 could use some improvement on the cables used in the xover wiring.
I don't have any information on the cables used, something tells me the CS2.4 could use some improvement on the cables used in the xover wiring.
Rob Gillum informed me that my 2012 built SEs have wire sourced from FST. Supposedly it’s equivalent to what was on Lexington sourced boards but, judging from the caps and coils, I’m doubtful. Tom Thiel supplied me with, I think, Straightwire for the onboard jumpers. I plan to replace the input and output wire with Cardas. The coax out looks to be challenging, however, as the wire is in a tube so that the coax chamber is isolated from woofer movement.

Regardless, this will be the last thing I change. I’ve been making some of the changes one channel at a time so that I can control the variables in subjective mono listening tests. I hope to know sometime next month whether replacing that wire makes an audible improvement. But my test may not have inference for non-FST 2.4s?