Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
Post removed 
@missingtime where does the ethernet cable go? My Apple TV is ethernet hard wired (like it better than Airplay) - going into OPPO105 (to split the HDMI sound) - coax out from OPPO going into Benchmark DAC. How can I use a better ethernet cable? Will a better HDMI cable help too since the sound is really coming from HDMI source? 
question is why when your dac really should be taking care of the jitter (benchmark dac1)? Do you really need to add a reclocker?

Simply because they don’t do a good job of reclocking and the PLL in the typical reclocker still benefits from a low-jitter input.

You are much better off with a DAC that does not have a reclocker on the input.  I can make this sound amazing.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Jumping in a bit late and admit I haven't read the bulk of the thread. Riddle me this. I am using a custom gaming pc as my source with an asus dsx soundcard outputing via AQ carbon coax spdif feeding a Bryston Bda 1 balanced out to a Krell Showcase then on to my Levinson 334 for stereo left right channels. Tidal sounds much more dynamic and better than my ripped local files that sit on a ssd. I am not even using hard wire networking I am using wifi. My Jriver is setup wasapi output and so on. This doesn't make sense.
Now going back and forth seams it varies depending on tracks I am comparing. Something new to drive myself nuts about.