CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
Your ears are not analog or digital. But your brain is quantum mechanical.
You’re wrong ;ears are analog. Can you not hear the difference between a digitally generated voice and a recording of a human voice? And don't give me any of that recording or playback excuse; the difference is apparent in virtually any perception, 

bsmg,

I know exactly how digital works.

No, you very clearly do not, as you continue to repeat the oldest myth in the book.

For goodness sake, learn something about it instead of repeating misinformation.

Here's an easy explanation:

http://productionadvice.co.uk/no-stair-steps-in-digital-audio/
A bit more detailed:

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-technologies/exploring-digital-audio-myths-and-reality-part-1

But probably best and easiest, a video made for folks just like you to demonstrate why it's a myth:

Google this video:

D/A and A/D | Digital Show and Tell (Monty Montgomery @ xiph.org)

Interesting articles, professor. I can follow the writer’s reasoning but none of it will convince me to forsake analog music reproduction. I am perhaps remiss in my simplistic comparisons between digital and analog; I admit to not being an expert in digital sound reproduction. I am in my mid 60’s and grew up with records. I remember when cd first came out; it made mediocre stereo systems sound "better" and it became a big hit just because of that....and the fact it was more convenient. But if you’ve been acclimated to the sound of vinyl and then have the chance to be exposed to digital, I think most of us old folks will stick with vinyl. I think my analogy of the digital generated voice versus the recorded human voice stands on its merits. I wish there was digital food and digital eyeglasses that we could compare with the analog versions but what’s the point? I can see pretty well and I’m not particularly hungry.
bsmg,
Keep in mind:  I'm a huge fan of vinyl!

I think my analogy of the digital generated voice versus the recorded human voice stands on its merits.

I've been recording the human voice (and countless other sounds) on analog and then digital recorders for many decades.   Digital does a superb job with voices or most other sounds.

But if you’ve been acclimated to the sound of vinyl and then have the chance to be exposed to digital, I think most of us old folks will stick with vinyl.

I've followed the vinyl revival very closely and have monitored a great many articles, comments sections and on-line discussions, and I see quite a lot of evidence for the opposite:  I've seen so many older people who grew up listening to vinyl express bafflement at the resurgence.  Comments like "I don't get why ANYONE would want to go back to vinyl.  I grew up with it; it was a pain in the butt and didn't sound as good as CD!"

My father-in-law is pretty typical.  He was an audiophile and lover of classical music.  Had a great turntable, cartridge, speakers.  When CD came along he couldn't dump his records fast enough.  For him to finally hear all the subtleties in orchestras without having to listen through background hiss, or any pops or ticks at all, and to hear perfectly even pitch, was a godsend.    Tons of people felt the same. 

I also remember at first thinking digital sounded incredible in one sense, a bit too sterile in another.  But as more and more CDs became available in the 80's in to the 90's, I couldn't wait to re-buy tons of music on the new format for the SOUND because it was so pure, clean, detailed and dynamic.   I'm 55, grew up with vinyl, so it's not like when CDs came along I wasn't completely familiar with the sound of vinyl.  Most older audiophiles (and of course there are many outside this forum in the world) moved on to digital and remain happy there.

I've become enthusiastic about vinyl again myself, loving the sound and physicality.   But I still hear virtues good digital has over vinyl.  Both are great.