CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
fleschler, the NEW DARK MATTER comes in 10 very thin plastic squares approximately 3/4 inch per side plus double-sided tape for applying the squares to the circular area of the top surface of the tray. The idea is to cover most of the area the CD sits on when you place it on the tray. For some trays the squares can be trimmed to fit. If there is a smaller circular tray for Mini discs NDM can be applied to that area, too. It’s not necessary to completely cover the tray with NDM. 75% - 80% coverage is recommended. Even less will be very audible as I was informed by a customer yesterday. The reason I say NDM is a breakthrough product is it’s the first audio product to absorb ALL scattered laser light, the red portion 25% and the invisible portion 75%. It’s the invisible portion, by far the largest portion, that is the most difficult to eliminate since it’s not amenable to absorption by colors. My previous version of Dark Matter was a spray that absorbed infrared scattered light.

I estimate the effective bandwidth of the 780 nm CD laser to be approx. 650-900 nm. All of which can get into the photodetector. The nominal laser wavelength of 780 nm is in the invisible portion of the light spectrum.

The thin plastic squares are not adhesive themselves. Thus double-sided tape is necessary to attach them to the tray. The smooth UNSTICKY side of NDM is all that’s exposed. It’s not really rocket science. 🚀

The CD does not (rpt not) spin on the CD tray per se. The CD contacts the tray only initially when you place the CD on the tray. There must be a spindle, no?
fleschler710 posts01-31-2019 1:53amWhat does the sticky tape tabs do to reduce laser light scatter?

>>>>The double sided adhesive holds the active NDM squares to the tray surface. The NDM squares is the active ingredient that absorbs/reduces background scattered laser light. The scattered light fills up the entire inside of the CD transport and the tray is a convenient place to put NDM, you know, being close to where the laser reads the data.

Does the tab have special properties?

>>>>>NDM has special properties inasmuch as it reduces ALL forms of scattered light, not only visible RED but invisible, I.E., infrared and other colors like BLUE. Thus, NDM also works for SACD, DVD, Blu Ray players. Hel-loo!

I use the Walker Talisman to reduce/eliminate static from CDs and LPs. CDs show immediate improvement upon use.

>>>>The Talisman affects the magnetic field, not the static charge.

In a Steve Hoffman forum, Machina Dynamica is ridiculed as hokum. I always thought it was an intellectual tweak parody.

>>>>Hey, what can I say? Machina Dynamica is real as a colonoscopy without anesthesia.

@inna

chakster, you are talking to the wrong crowd, they don’t listen to Vysotsky ...

Haha, i don’t listen to Visotsky, definitely not my type of music.

... and so cannot possibly even comprehend what you are saying.

Interesting, i guess anyone watched movies? This is a prime example of killer 70’s Jazz-Funk for "Serpico" movie with young Al Pacino. And another amazing recording from the 70’s is "3 Days Of the Condor" soundtrack, the original pressing on Capitol is spectacular in terms of fidelity. Make sure to skip youtube ad :) I like this type of music on LPs for home listening.  

Nor do they theoretically understand that for as long as humans are humans and not enhanced humanoids digital will never sound as good as analogue because there is a conversion and certain things are lost and distorted.

Totally agree
chakster, I didn't like your jazz funk. Vysotsky is so much better, it's not quite music, though, it's poetry accompanied by intentionally out of tune guitar.
Nor do they theoretically understand that for as long as humans are humans and not enhanced humanoids digital will never sound as good as analogue because there is a conversion and certain things are lost and distorted.

Totally agree
Keep patting yourselves on the back, guys. You are mistaking smugness for smarts.