It was 50 years ago today....

...that the Beatles played their last concert on the rooftop of Apple Records.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-famous-rooftop-concert-15-things-you-didnt-kno...
128x128mofimadness
Two after Beatles records that deserve merit IMHO are 'All Things Must Pass' and 'RAM'.
Like any of the great artists the Beatles were entirely of their own time. 

If they had formed in the 1980s things would have been completely different. 

Right place, right time.
I have to agree with this statement mentioned above.  

The thing about The Beatles is that they were greater than the sum of their parts, at least to me. Each to his or her own! Just an alternate point of view.

I never felt that they were my inspiration to play the guitar or piano.  I was not a fan back in the day of Ed Sullivan but grew into appreciating their talents as song writers and the backing instruments and vocals.

To me the greatest strength was have they evolved.  There are tons of great songs by many artists but very few progressed from I want to hold your hand to helter skelter in such a short time.

Although George Harrison did not influence me on guitar, the solo he did for Something was just beautiful and one I had to learn to play back in the day.

Happy Listening.
Like any of the great artists the Beatles were entirely of their own time.
Sure, great artists are a product of their times...societies and cultures.  The great ones, however, owe a debt to what preceded them and their work speaks to others beyond their specific time.  Their work communicates something enduring and (universal?) - something meaningful to those that come after.  They might have been working in popular music alone and the entirety of their output certainly doesn't qualify them as such (i.e., "great artists), but there are excellent examples that do.