CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
I've had audiophiles over who have $850,000 and $1,000,000 systems and the former one's system stunk even though the owner only felt that it was a little bright (I would have quit listening to music is was sooo hard, bright and forward).  His jaw dropped when he heard my system.  Oregonpapa and Robert know how awesome my main audio system is (from these forums).  Oregonpapa's system is excellent too!  Our systems cream 95% of all audio store and show systems.  Until I move, I have a 5,000 cu ft room to really let my big speakers sing out.  So, when I say CDs can sound as good as analog, there's knowlegable audiophiles and music lovers who agree.  It's a thrill having people get goosebumps listening to my music.  They stay for hours and don't want to leave.  That's a system playing engaging sounding music.

It's true, audiophiles often don't know what music should sound like reproduced in a listening room but they think their systems are excellent (although look how often they change gear).  I haven't changed my components from 10 to 30 years (SME IV and VPI 19-4/Ultracraft are the longest in my system).  I use tweaks to get the most out of the equipment despite their "age."  
I hate to judge before all the facts are in but it appears to me you really took my statement to heart ❤️- “I never met an audiophile who didn’t think his system is the greatest.” 😀

Question, are you stockpiling eMats now? 🙄
sleepwalker

polarity, ESPECIALLY when discs are mastered in various locations (ie Greatest Hits)  OFTENTIMES is all over the place, from song to song

I flip a lot of kit, always try to get a pre or dac with polarity inverting switch (often miscalled phase), alas many/most manufacturers are/seem clueless

The biggest offender seems to be in the bass

Last night I put on Jennifer Nettles "Playing with Fire{". It is one of those excellent music horrible mastering/recording cds

I use it to test new additions, like New Dark Matter. The improvement was/is amazing, though it is not capable of turning poor recordings into proper remasters , it is now much more listenable, as are good recordings
@fleschler 

I haven't changed my components from 10 to 30 years (SME IV and VPI 19-4/Ultracraft are the longest in my system).

What's your phono cartridge?