Lumin T2
PS Audio DirectStream JR

The features I want are:
Ethernet Connection - Plan to stream tidal and use NAS
MQA Full Decode - I stream Tidal MQA a alot
Good App - I don't see the need for roon and will not use roon
dac/streamer combo - eliminates potential jitter

cbl117
Nonsense. The PS Audio software upgrades are solid improvements. If you disagree, you have the option of going back to a prior version. 

I have upgraded the hardware twice. This is much cheaper over the long run. 

You should listen to the DACs instead of the hijackers. 
Anyone looking at the NAD M12 or M32 at this price point?  Lumin's T2 uses the same 9028 DAC.

I ordered a DSJ but cancelled with all the hype around the TSS.  Also read that MQA wasn't fully unfolded.   I'm sure the PS is awesome, but was worried about longevity.

I have custom Hypex amps and like the ncore angle that NAD is using.  I also have a set of Emotiva active monitors.   Looking for a simplistic music server that can leverage all these upcoming streaming options...
@cbl117 

An alternative not mentioned is the Teac Reference NT-505 which uses the AKM 4497 chipset instead of the Lumin's ESS 9028 chipset.  It is a full featured streamer that is fully MQA capable and uses the Lumin app the same as their Esoteric branded family members.  It also has a full set of digital inputs to serve as a stand-alone DAC.  I also own a Directstream Sr. with the Bridge II and have owned a Lumin streamer. The Teac is half your budget but if you are interested in the Directstream it can be purchased inside of your target budget if you shop around. I also have owned the Sonica and any of the three Lumin, Directstream or Teac are a step up in abilities and app.  If I were in your shoes I would buy the Teac and put the $2000 difference in the bank.  
@jackd 

When you say Directstream can be purchased inside of my target budget, is that for a new or used unit?  Best I could find is $5050 New OTD with the Bridge II.
I bought mine a year and a half ago for inside your budget. With shipping  and taxes about a hundred dollars over.