CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
Plus, I keep mentioning the fantastic historic performance reissues on labels such as Marston at bargain prices for rare recordings in great sound, better than I can achieve on my 78 rpm set up.
Several cd player manufacturers have buffers that rewrite the dics until  "bit perfect' then play
“CD is a dead media format”. 

CD is far from dead....if we are talking about mainstream then CD, Vinyl, Tape all are pretty much dead formats. As @fleschler pointed out there are many releases of great recordings are being put out on CD’s. One reliable source of remastered great sounding CD’s is Elusive Disc, they got very nice collection of rare jazz and classical recordings. 

Anyone who thinks CD is CD, check out Dexter Gordon’s - A Singin’ Affair XRCD.
Please keep the unfounded rumors coming.  They just serve to depress further the bargain basement prices of used CD's massively available on Amazon and elsewhere.  Each month I pick up classic performances and obscure repertoire for pennies on the dollar.