Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Erndog, Agree! It is almost to the point of fine literature, at this point. Still not sure if it is a tragedy or a comedy (in the classical sense.) As for me, I'm sensing some unexpected turns leading to a happy ending.
As the drama builds seriously consider an upgrade to the Psvane Black Treasure 300b tube. Now only about $284.00 a pair. But first, listen to what you have, enjoy. Can't wait.
Mikirob,
I am really enjoying my Kit 1 10th Anniversary, but I often wonder what a different set of 300b tubes would do to the sound. I really can't afford the Emmission Labs, or some of the other recommended candidates at the present time, but like any audio type guy, I wonder. It still sounds wonderful as-is.
Rebbi, I hope this is all resolved for you very soon, and I hope that it makes the amp a good match for the De Capos.
Just got an email from Brian with a tracking number. He is sending the technician replacement tubes for everything but the 300 B's. He's also sending along a couple of 300 B bypass capacitors in case those are bad, along with, I think, a replacement power supply PCB just in case. He's also got detailed instructions for the technician about step-by-step testing instructions to take. I'm very impressed by Brian's email. He not only sells these kits, but he clearly has a deep understanding of how they work.

Anyway, I should have some more news tomorrow and I will update all of you.

Yes, lots of drama, huh? I'm going to try to sell the rights to Netflix For a miniseries, as long as they get someone much better looking to play the part of me. ;-)