Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Phil:

What did you end up finding for amps for your friend? And what do you like with your Zu's? Put my order in yesterday for a batch 2 august ship.

Tim
I too have the superfly on order and have appreciated your comments. What can you say about the cosmic carbon? I am wondering if I'd prefer a different finish.
>>What can you say about the cosmic carbon?<<

I think it's black, with highlights and character. I haven't seen that finish. My friend ordered his speakers with a custom color. I have seen other Zu colors in the kind of paint used for Cosmic Carbon, and it's a smooth matte, highly durable and chip-resistant, and tends not to show fingerprints. If black speakers are your thing, you'll probably like it. And standardizing on it keeps Zu's costs in line so the price can be maintained. But personally I'd pop some extra for a color.

Phil
To be frank the only thing holding me back from a punt on the 60 day return right now is that there just aren't enough images of the Soul/Superfly to get an idea of finishes. I'm sure that will change soon. Least I hope it will.

Mike
That is a concern of mine as well. I really wished they had put more, natural pictures up on their website. I'm concerned that everything they posted looks like it was taken through a camera filter.

For the free Superfly upgrade, however, it was worth the leap of faith. They don't have to look as good as my Abbys, they just have to deliver the goods without being eye sores/throwing off my living room too much.