Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Gopher

What problems do you hear in your system that you think new cables will fix and why?
Zanon,

Absolutely nothing at the moment. I was previously having a little difficulty with the emotional communicative-ness of my analog setup but since moving to a system made of Wywire through out I have finally put that behind me and also gained a level of refinement and performance I didn't know I was missing.

That said I have two amps (SS and Tube) and two preamp outputs and would love the ability to simply swap the speaker cables while retaining similar virtues. After experiencing what I have now cable wise, nothing I've owned before will cut it, but I do wonder about synergy for the second system with the speakers own manufacture--especially at the bargain basement 'customer appreciation week' prices.
Gopher: Yes, it is exactly this path you describe that I have no interest in getting on. I learn nothing about sound this way.

Anyway, I have all solid state+DAC integrated and peachtree nova to test with druid -- i say goodbye to class-d forever! (except in subwoofer)

Also, I finally get dual sub -- both ported unfortunately but it is what my budget will allow.

Most interestingly, I make some radical changes to room. I still have lots of setup, testing, tuning etc. but I am already surprised at how much better tile under Druid makes the bass compared to even my wood planks. So much so in fact that I may try two inches of brick.
I pulled my Miniwatt out of my second system, butchered a pair of banana terminated speaker cables and fired mine up tonight. I was over waiting for the new amp.

Adequate speaker cable, the 2.5 watt miniwatt, and very little attention to setup besides a gut placement and.... I'm blown away. I think that they have put a very very nice speaker on the market. Even with some squishy mids, a bit less power than I would like (and that the speakers probably need), I'm pretty stunned. Maybe the most engaging first listen I've ever had with a speaker. I'm excited for rounding out what I actually intend to drive them with.

I had an early failed run with the Druids driven, almost wholly, by problems with my room and mismatched amplification. This is a totally different experience. I'll keep folks posted. Right now working my way through some of my favorite albums, The XX right now.