Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
fwiw i had a defective input board on one of my ref1000m amps not long after i acquired them . The foil or conductive material on the board had separated from the board resulting in substantial distortion at all volumes. Replacing the board resolved the problem. So a defective circuit board is certainly a logical candidate assuming all else checks out properly. Am interested also in whats wrong with how those capacitors are installed. Looks good in the pic.
OK, I just noticed in this photo that there are printed circuit connections visible within the board forming a direct connection between what I (and you) had believed were the two pads/holes for C1, and likewise for C4. Given that, it becomes apparent that the uppermost ends of C1 through C4 should go to the pads at the top of the board that are adjacent to (and connected to) W20 through W23, respectively. And the reason you need replacements for the capacitors, of course, is that the leads on the original ones were trimmed for mounting in the more closely spaced holes, and will no longer reach the correct locations.

Wow! An understandable and easy to make error, if ever there was one.

Best regards,
-- Al
GSM, why the comment? If you are not the kind of person who wants to build, learn, test, fiix and understand your gear, then no you would never do this regardless of the outcome. Testing and trouble shooting gear is part of the process of learning and DIY. Cannot separate it. It comes with the turf as they say.