Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Zanon,

There really isn't anything confusing about it... I think you should re-read a little more carefully.

$1800 is msrp. Pre-orders are discounted to $1500 for new Zu customers and to $1400 for existing Zu customers.
Are these the same speakers that were $999 recently? was taht a pre-order or a per-pre-order?

and i could have swong the $999 price was discount for original $1500 MSRP.

I cannot wait to see how Soul (maybe superfly, maybe not superfly) pricing evolves!
No they aren't.

Omen: 1500msrp $1000 preorder

Soul: 1800msrp $1500 preorder new customer $1400 prior
"blank statements" - well I could talk all night about each Zy speaker but a balance has to be struck and my statement has to be seen in the context of other statements I have made here on Essence re: the two different perceptions of it that exist.

FWIW, at my dealer we worked our way from my Naim amps and power supplies to what used to be owned by Avonessence. As we moved up instruments became much more natural but lost a little PRaT. Fine for some but not for me. What we could not lose regardless of amp was a certain cuppiness on female vocals. Two people disliked it. One was okay with it. It has been noted in reviews of the Essence so I wasn't just imagining it.

Other things do come into play though. When on demo in my own space the vocals were less cuppy but were recessed. It could only be fixed by locating them in open space too far into the room to be acceptable.

For many people they do treble more in the expected "hi-fi" way but for just as many the Druid, for but one example, does it more naturally and coherently. Each to their own :)
The Essence with Naim gear IMO is too much, the Essence speaker isn't a good balance overall, they do have some outstanding traits with the Naim amps, but swapping to other manufacturers amps brings them to life.

The Druids are a fine match with the CDX2 and Naim amps as they calm their (what can be termed) as bright and glassines, with the further opened tweeter unit in the Soul Superfly I wonder if this will still be the case? In my experience the CDS3 that Mahughes moved upto when listening to the Essence at our dealers, is a better match with these speakers, but IMO not a very good match with the Druids (that I once had), with the slightly dark nature of the Druids presentation coupled with a similar darker sounded CDS3, culminated in a sound presentation which was not engaging or enjoyable overall.

I do believe that mine and Mahughes requirements regarding engaging music are one and the same, it is just that we have/are tackling in it in a different direction. But I could be wrong;)