Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
I have enjoyed this thread more than any I can recall here on Audiogon. The comments by Jetrexpro, Grannyring, and others ( and the incomparable insight contributed by Almarg), gives so much validity to the DIY approach.

Even though my skills pale in comparison to those mentioned, my sense of musical enjoyment would be greatly impaired without even my limited DIY minstrations.

Which is why this thread is so enjoyable. I think back on some of my own projects, which all seemed to come with their own set of problems, mistakes, and mishaps, it seems to add to the overall audio, and DIY, experience.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

My very best regards to all,
Dan
I dont know about that Dan. You have taught us a thing or two while making us drool over your DIY Garrard 401 plinth and I will not forget your Class D amp I am storing that note away for future reference.

Grannyring-Thanks for the Clarity Cap tip. I did not know about them. I am contemplating building a 2nd amp and thinking about the power supply so your tip is timely.

Best to Rebbi-a crazy journey but well worth it. Once the problem is solved there will be some serious music making :)
Al, thanks, I see that pages 4&5 of section 7 of the manual that you referenced above show physically larger caps in the C1-C4 positions. Without rereading a lot of the thread, I don't know what symptoms are being experienced other than guessing that an oscillation could be present by those caps being electrically missing.
Grannyring, Looks like the Wima DC Link caps I am trying in my power supply and the ClarityCap TC600 you are using are both Metallized Polypropylene. Looks like we are on the same path. Regards-Jet
Well, I re-soldered all the joints between the valve base tabs and the pads on the Driver Board PCB but whatever's going on wasn't fixed because I'm still getting a distorted signal on bass-heavy material on the amp.
Just got an email from Pete (Digital Pete) Fulton in Florida that my finished driver board is shipping 2-day post tomorrow. So, I should be up and running over the weekend! I hope by comparing the two boards to at least figure out what the problem is/was with my Driver Board!