Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
V****s - Would I mention that here to you, no way, I have got text and email to do that directly. Hee Hee

I can see you in a nice cardigan, tarten slippers and smoking a pipe handling a big round black disk whilst you are bathed in a soft orange glow in your future

Our well know dealer is slowly coming to see the "glow" :D
Egrass21, I have a Cayin A55t on the way. My first tube amp. I'll let u know how it sounds with my Superflys.
Signs of life.

Hmm, things getting very interesting with my hitherto unimpressive Superflys.

My dealer split my Hutter Racktime but, in the process of reconnecting my system, we managed to achieve total silence! Long story short - the problem was a Burndy cable connecting my Naim CDX2 to its XPS2 power supply. Cable heading for repair whilst CD player now powered up without it.

Now, I've already experienced the phenomena whereby Zu speakers like, nay love, less Naim boxes so I wasn't too unhappy with trying this. Indeed, before things went silent my dealer was intending to try reducing my 7 boxes to 3 to see what happens. However, I also believe in one thing at a time. So, given that the Hutter has just been split and the CD player has lost a power supply, I'm happy to sit tight for a few days and feel my way toward assessing the differences.

First thoughts?

1) The Hutter was definitely impacting on the output of the right speaker in terms of bass, mids, dynamics and coherence.

2) I'm not sure the output is completely balanced as the sofa on the long wall may still be impacting but sound from TV and CD has immediately improved in terms of dynamics and detail. Bass has also improved and imaging is much more central. Too early to say if the improvement is enough but it is obvious.

3) Some of the above may also be the loss of a CD player power supply. It's remarkable how dynamics and detail have improved despite the loss of a box that would normally improve both. Gonna live with it for a week or so and then remove the power supplies from the pre and see what that brings.

Listened to more in the past 24 hours than the past 2 weeks, which rather speaks for itself. Will report back as we progress further.
Wow. Just began an audition of the Superflys with my Atmasphere S-30 (thanks again Gopher!). Wow. I had heard the combo in Gopher's system when I bought the S-30s off of him, but damn to hear these speakers in my own system and room with equipment I am intimately familiar with is another thing. What a great pairing. Damn...

More detailed impressions to come. But for now, just "Damn." As in "Damn good."
And then the Hi-Cap came off the pre (202) and lo, mid-band warmth of the kind that IME only Zu do suddenly starts to appear.

In the process I've lost a little air and detail around the instruments but gained some slam and finally get to hear that characteristic Zu sound coming from my Superfly. Another way of describing this is to say that we've gone from hi-fi to music. Going to live with this for a week and then see what happens when I pull out the Musicline Powerigel and put stock cables back in.

So, downgrading seems to be the way to go! :)