TAD Reference loudspeakers-How good are they?

Just wondering if the TAD Ref 1 and/or TAD Compact Ref 1 are as good as some of the show reviews suggest, although a recent review did mention a slightly "dark" presentation, albeit state of the art sound.

Does anyone know if the implementation of concentric tweeter/mid is superior to that of KEF/Thiel, or perhaps the Berylium constructed drivers and/or crossover sophistication.

I'm thinking about the TAD Compact Ref One as my "final" loudspeaker, as I have a small listening room at 14 x 16; Quite expensive at MSRP of $37K. I would appreciate any and all opinions and experience with the TAD Reference loudspeakers.

Thanks so much!
opinions
audiobrian
Hello Rtn1,

Sounds like a very good speaker, are they better than the Avalons?

regards,
Weseixas, The Avalon Isis remains ideal for me. In the reproduction of classical music, both large and small, I have not heard better.

I think the TAD Ref 1 might be good if your collection leans more heavily on jazz and pop. They are not as holographic, but very dynamic and involving.

If it is really down to these 2, I think people should seek a demo at a store or home set-up.
I would agree with Rtn1. While there are some fantastic holographic speakers out there, I have not heard a single system that did so many things so right as the TAD reference One.

Interestingly, the smaller TAD Compact Reference speakers come very close, yet can't quite match the Ones in sheer authority, power and soundstage in very large rooms. For smaller rooms, the TAD compact reference is a fantastic speaker (priced reasonably at mid thirties for what it does), given the competition we heard - with very few excellent exceptions like Marten - rolls out speakers that cost more and do less right.
Very good speakers but pricey. I heard them at a Pioneer specialty store here in Southern California and they throw a vast soundstage and feature excellent mids. With that said, for the money, I think you can do better with ATC pro reference monitors. I think the ATC 100s and 150s are superior to these models, especially the active ones.