Experienced audiophiles best speaker

We can get a better picture of which speaker is truly better if those contributing their favorites have heard a good number of the top speakers.
Include in your response the speakers that didn't take the gold.
pedrillo

Hello,

The Magico mini 2 is a lot of money for a limited bandwidth speaker IMO. Unless you have a very small listening room I would pass, there are others at that price point ..

regards,
YEs, the mini does not plumb the depths like many speakers in that price category. OTher than that though, they were hard to fault when I heard them (twice).

For smaller rooms or tight quarters, they are one of the best for sure, however, I suspect there are others that can compete for less.
Weseixas, I expect to see the T-3.3 at RMAF.

Mapman, I may not have made myself clear- I did not find the mbls to be bright. IOW although I have heard mbl systems sound bright a number of times, under controlled circumstances I have found that it sounds bright, its not the speakers.
MAGICO MINI 2 SOUND Wonderful in my 13w by 20d Room so knock away boys i love them even more!!Oh yes that was 4 reviewers in ABSOLUTE SOUND!!! I agree.
PSB Synchrony had perhaps as high a toe tapping factor as anything I have heard run of Rogue Tube amp and a nicely imaged full range sound that was right on.

Magico minis were distinguished by a most natural tonal purity and lovely soundstage and imaging when I heard them.

mbl created the largest, deepest soundstage I have ever heard in a large suitable room with lots of room behind the speakers and also demonstrated extremely accurate and lifelike imaging in that soundstage with a fine full range tonal balance overall.

OHMs are somewhere between PSB and mbl in regards to the overall sound but not far behind Magico in terms of overall tonal purity given the huge difference in cost between my system and the Magico system I heard.

Quad ESLs and OHMs are similar in many aspects however the OHMs have the big edge in overall dynamics and I suspect much less finicky.

GOTO horns had the nth degree of dynamics and a nice tonal purity top to bottom, at least with the vintage jazz and classical vinyl source material demoed. Soundstage was large and natural sounding in a medium sized 18th century room with high ceilings. The digital source on this rig was more back with the pack overall.