1955-2001 Favorite Top Ten Rock Groups

To get a better feel for the types of people on this site, IYHO, what are your favorite rock artists top tenwise. I just like to know.
shubertmaniac
The Who, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Frank Zappa, The Doors, The Guess Who, Everclear, Foghat, Mott The Hoople, The Move and The Ramones
Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rainbow (up to their 5th album), UFO (with Micheal Schenker), The Who, Queen, Rush, and as mandatory skeletons in the closet to finish the list, KISS (wanna get cheesier than that? How'bat Blondie?). If progressive or art rock counts, then add Pink Floyd, ELP, and King Crimson to replace the last three. Too bad that there ain't any band in my generation comparable (as cheesy or musically interesting) to the aforementioned. A lot of great athleticism on the fret, though..
Avguygeorge That wouldn't be Michael Jackson would it for "Thriller" in '83? Or are you talking combined? "Frampton Comes Alive" sold a bunch in the mid 70's maybe him?
For the record: Yardbirds(all incarnations) Rolling Stones Buddy Holly Yes Beach Boys Tears for Fears Steely Dan Dream Syndicate Neil Young/Buffalo Springfield Jimi Hendrix The first three I need a daily fix. KThomas, I loved the early Isley's stuff Shout/Twist and Shout, did they ever make other songs like that??Mark2954,which incarnation of Clapton or all of his work? Have not thought about Moot the Hoople in a while, I forgot but who was their lead guitarist? I have not heard of Blue Rodeo or Tragically Hip, what are they like? Thanks so far the input