Bookshelf Speakers for Master Bedroom

As the title stated, I am looking for a pair of speakers for my master bedroom. About 20x30 and has about 10 foot ceilings. Looking to setup 2 channel system utilizing a Rotel RA-1520 with Wadia 170iTransport. Also have a Marantz CD6003 in use. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated? Max I would like to spend is $1200. Last question, do I need floorstanding speakers for a room this size as I was not looking to add sub?

Thank you
pmshow
I recommend Era speakers, particularly the D4, (which are fantastic and I own), or D5. Both are small, but have amazing range and bass far beyond their weight class. Both under your budget.
try to find some Paradigm Active 20's, plenty of bass, and you don't need an amp then.
I had Dynaudio Excite X12's in my bedroom with a Peachtree iDecco. They had great bass, just enough for the bedroom.
Post removed 
Thanks for the responses. I had a listen to the Era D5's and I really enjoyed them. Having compared them to Harbeth was not a good idea. I also listened to PSB Platinum M2's and was not that impressed(Sorry!) I am use to listening to my Proac D2 Reponse in the living area of the house and love the sound. Just don't want to pay the price for a master bedroom. Thank you for the PSB T6 advice, I read a good review in Stereophile.