Bedini Clarifier II, FuruTech RD-1 etc

Does anyone use a disc de-magnitizer that they feel improves sound? FuruTech model is being pushed as improvement over Bedini Ultra- Clarifier II, faster-once a year application-more uniform application etc. Cable Co, Galen Carol and others say it is the best but $300 price is expensive for a "tweak" item. I just purchased heavy duty tape de-magnitizer from radio shack for $38 that I am playing with now, too soon to report my findings.....any comments or observations are welcome.....regards Sam
128x128megasam
"Shayner's" right. I had the Bedini Clarifier. Not only is it built cheesy, it's made absolutley no sonic improvements to my ears. In my opinion this classifies as one of Voodoo ripoff tweaks. Save your money. Buy a PS Audio P-300 for real sonic improvement.
Shayner, it is you who needs to drop the attitude here. What a jerk you are! I quote: "DTSAG, I probably make more money in a month than you do in a year,"...then you are so stupid, you contradict yourself by saying: "different points of view are always welcome, minus the personal criticism". You need to clean up your own back yard on that one. Then you say, "I don't understand why people are so hostile towards others with a differnt view". Neither can I, cause you certainly are! By the way, nothing you have said so matter of factly, is quite as factual as you would like it to be, and none of us have any reason to think that your "views" have any validity at all on the subject of treating CD's with the items in question...you aren't even a civil person, and I have no patience for jerkwads like that. This is my final reply to you.
Megasam; Thanks for the good thread. I've followed it with interest because I've also been interested in the Bedini Clarifiers. Dtsag-- no offence intended, but your User Name is also an acronym for "Drop The Snotty Attitude Guys" (DTSAG). I didn't pick up on this until Carl put it in capital letters. The thread got a little unruly in places, but I appreciate the GOOD information. Cheers. Craig.
For those who are uncertain about laying out the $150.-$300 for demagnetizing(static removal),consider the better Radio Shack bulk eraser(under $50.) and give it a try.It has a 30 day full refund policy and you could either keep it ,return it if you hear no change or return it and go for the B C II or the RD1.I have the better R S bulk eraser(dead silent and quicker than BC II) and like it better than the old noisey hand held Bedini.
While waiting for my Bedini II, I become more and more impressed with results from Radio Shack de-mag unit ($38). Here is how I get best results, get clear 2 sided plastic binder pages from business supply store and cut down 2 sides so remaining square is open two sides and 1 inch bigger than CD diameter. Slide in CD, have music side face up, hold de-mag unit very close to plastic surface, activate and make circular passes for 5 seconds, slowly pull away a couple feet and turn off. CD is now ready for play, reduced treble glare/grain and improved 3D spatial details most noticable, maximum improvement noted on average/below average recordings like rock/alt. If Bedini II can top this I will be impressed, as I will not be able to do without this tweak, I rank this up there close to same level of improvement I hear using Auric Illuminator on same discs ......regards Sam