DSpeaker Anti Mode Dual Core 2.0 Room Correction

Has anyone tried this new unit in their system either 2 channel or home theater??? I was reading some reviews and this thing could be a winner. A couple guys in my audio club have tried it and claim it is absolutely the cat's meow!!! One stated it is the best piece of gear he has ever purchased in 55 years of audio buying!!!
jsman
No, you're not bypassing the volume control. And the bypass function is so easy to control from the remote (rather than getting up to change the tape loop setting) that it seems to be the way to go (b/t preamp and amp).

I wrote to the manufacturer and they indicated that the cleanest way to use the unit was to keep it in the digital domain (i.e. put it between the digital signal and the DAC) or to use it as a DAC/preamp itself with no other equipment before the amps.

FYI - the USB input jack is a mini - so it's not like many USB DACs we are used to. This would entail either an adaptor or a USBA to mini cable.
How are you not bypassing a pre's volume control if you are using a digital input?

And "bypass" is to bypass the DSP & EQ. It does not bypass the A/D/A process.
You can't use it as a DAC between the pre and the amp. If you want to use it as a DAC, you either do so upstream of the pre (as an input into the pre) or you hook it up directly to the amps, and then you are using it as a DAC+PRE.

Are you talking about a digital out from the pre? If so, you are correct. Like for home theater???

Correct about the bypass (second statement)
BTW - has anyone found any good information about using a better 12v power supply with this unit? I'd like to find a reasonably priced source... Thanks.
Yes, you have the greatest flexibility from my POV by using the tapeloop. Allows as many analog inputs as your preamp has to be run through the Dual Core (which only has 1 set of analog inputs), and it allows you to use the Dual Core as a DAC.

Peter_s or anyone else, would there any reasons that the tape loop might somehow not be ideal? Really does seem the best of all worlds from a versatility standpoint.

Upstream from the pre but not in the tape loop, means only one analog input to the Dual Core.

Between pre and amp, you do not get the DAC functionality (unless you decided to use the volume control on the Dual Core as the volume control for your digital inputs, which seems to be a hassle and would bypass potential benefits of your preamp for your digital sources).