YG Acoustics vs. Avantgarde Duo series comparison?

I like horns, but an intrigued by YG. Have not yet heard YG personally. Has anybody heard both and if so how do they compare? Thanks. I appreciate any insite.
hiendmuse
What I meant to say that both speakers are so so different sounding that you cannot compare them.
There arent enough words for me to express how much I believe that YG is better than the Avantguarde.

Call me crazy, Argyro, but it sounds like you just compared them, and expressed a preference for one over the other. :)

John
I have heard YG Acoustics in two several occasions and for quite a bit. The big Anat and their middle in line speaker.

I have heard Avantgardes many times, almost all their models, in domestic environments - in shows etc.

The YG is much more accurate, much more revealing and a better speaker overall by a very WIDE margin IMHO.

Actually I consider Avantgardes, bad designs. By bad I mean, audible frequency ranges, coloured sound (different from what is written in the source material), and annoying.

If "High End" or "High Fidelity" if you like is about accurately reproducing the recorded material, cause this is what its all about, then the Avantgarde doesnt stand a chance next to the YG.

If someone wants to "prefer" the Avantgarde its his personal opinion, but "preferences" have nothing to do with high fidelity.

IHMO,

Mike
I listened to both the Anat and Carmel at CES over the weekend and without looking at the price, the Anat driven by Tencor amps were the best sounding speakers I ever heard, period. Wilson Alexandria, Sumiko, Sonus Faber were also there and came close to the Anat but I don't think they could over come the sound quality and soundstage of the Anat, IMHO.
For the money that a potential buyer would be shelling out to buy either of these speakers and assuming that the buyer has that much $$ of disposable income to purchase equipment, IMO it would be better to just take a trip or fly out to the closest dealership(s) and listen? The travel expense would be mere pennies for the price of the speaker and potentially making a poor decision and losing out in thousands should the speaker not perform up to expecations.

Please don't take this as a slam on anyone, but we are talking about ~20K for the Carmel and Duo's - that is if the OP is looking at the Carmel and not the ~50K Kipod.

Understanding that we do like to hear if people have an opinion.
How can anyone compare cones to horns? They have very different sounds and appeal to very different listeners.

YG might sound more "accurate," but my ears regester that as "boring and lifeless."