REL Strata III spikes

I have a REL Strata III sub. The interior of the feet have threaded holes that I assume accommodate spikes. Did spikes come with these subs when new. Assuming they did, is anyone using spikes and is there a noticeable difference? I'm wondering if spikes with floor isolator discs on a wood floor would make a worthwhile tweak.
valinar
It depends who you talk to at Sumiko, I was given contradictory advice in emails by two people there about whether to use rugs under the subs. I used mine on concrete [with rugs] with the cones and they worked fine. Of course I don't know what the stock spikes are like; I have found that the brass cones are much better than the stock steel spikes supplied with speaker stands; you would expect this as they cost much more and are obviously of higher quality.
I was thinking I would go to a hardware store and buy bolts with the proper thread size and use a grinder to form a point. I would then use Isoclean support discs under them to both protect the floor and give isolation.