Avalon Acoustics vs Wilson Audio

I would like to know how Avalon's sound compared to Wilson's. I heard that they have a similar sound, but just want to make sure from other peoples experience. I have heard, Sophia 3's, Sasha w/p, and the x2. I liked all 3 models. I haven't heard any Avalon's yet. I will definitely be looking to audition. Just thought I would ask for now.

My budget ($15k-$30k)is pretty broad for the sake of keeping an open mind. Realistically I'm thinking $20k'ish. That price is just for the pair of speakers mind you.

My current setup consists of Paradigm studio 60's v.5 (mains), cc-590 v.5 (center), studio 10's v.5 (rear's), Arcam avr-600. Primarily its an HT system, but I use it for music alot as well. It's a pretty good sounding system, but I've grown out of it for music. Its a superb setup for gaming and movies though. This is pretty much why I'm thinking of a dedicated 2ch setup.

Second option, is to upgrade my current system with better speakers. Use an outboard dac dedicated for music in conjunction with the avr-600. It would still be a 5ch system in the end though.

Any thoughts?
kazmann
Kazman, for the budget you have, I would suggest spending about 20K on the speakers then the rest on upgrading your CD, pre-amp combo and then finally the cables. (power cables first then the speaker and inter.) Then you there in one shot. no going around in long circle. However, before any upgrades, you need to decide on the speakers first.
For 20K range, from the ones I have listened to, I wholeheartedly recommend two, Revel Salon 2 and KEF 207 2. Perfectly designed, they measure perfectly in testing, and they sound absolutely top-notch. They have everything you desire with no weakness. Sasha which I did listen to and liked, cost 8-10k more and by the time you upgrade rest of your system to bring full sound out of Sasha, you will be way over your budget.
Post removed 
Kazmann,

Not sure you ever decided on a speaker but I wanted to add some of my opinions of a resent demo of the new 802Diamond. In an early post in this thread I stated that the 802D was not a fast speaker but I have to eat my words on the new 802Diamond. The bass is very quick and punchy and much faster than the older 802D. The highs are also much improved.

I honestly have not been a huge B&W fan but the new 802Diamond is a speaker I could live with. I directly A/B the 802Diamond in the same room and system as the Sophia 3. I would choose the 802Diamond if it came down to those two speakers.

Let me know if you would like more details on my demo. If you do I will write you up a detailed overview (music used, equipment, my opinion, etc).
James63, what electronics did you hear with the 802's? I heard them with Classe gear and thought they were nice, but not transformative. Right afterwards I listened to the Sophia 2's and then the Sasha's both with ARC gear and thought the Sophias were also "nice". But thought the Sasha's driven by fairly high end ARC stuff were some of the best speakers I have heard to date. Given your comment and recent review I read of the 802D makes me think front end is critical factor in this discussion. I just didn't hear what others are talking about but would like to give them another try at some point.
PS - Apparently the B&W 802D also justifies much better electronics as well, as per my earlier post on the Sasha.