Goetz speakers......ever heard of them?

Have a chance to buy a pair.they where hooked up to classe amp and preamp.sounded great.any reviews would be apreciated.
magnus89
yes they are the 101 and seem like you described, there is an goner on here that used to sell them twenty years ago and thats where i first heard them along with some unity audio which another speaker i never see anymore. thanks for your help.
I had an entry level pair years ago,(1983) nice cabinets, 8 inch 3 way. They had a Seas woofer and mid and an Audax Poly Carbonate Dome. I don't recall his first name, but also sat in front of Some Goetz top end at that time that he brought to St. Louis(I live there). They were better, but had problems imaging and had a peak that I couldn't deal with. At that time, I went to work at SpeakerCraft/Marcof Electronics, our own stuff was much better.
A guy wanting to 'challenge' THEIL Loudspeakers in my store in Louisville, back in 1984 brought them in for a head to head comparison...it was brutal...he left with his 'speakers between his legs'. lol.

Larry
Just ran across this. I used to be a Goetz dealer in the early to mid 80’s along with other underground legends like Snell, IMF, and Essence. To Irsky’s quote, (I think I know Larry) I never heard a Theil that would hold a candle to Goetz except the 3.6 which was the only good Theil ever designed.