The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
You forgot the latest DCS gear too! ;)

I agree, I have yet to find a tubes source unit that has the bass, dynamics and HF extension to my personal likings.

I think alot of old school thinking is still in play with some audiophiles about tubes. The latest digital gear is much better than ever before due to latest chips and digital servo and transport technologies. Have a good day!
Price range is the question...

Under 300.00-Rotel 970

Under 400.00-Rega Planet

Under 600.00-Meridian 506/20

Under 1k-Rega Apollo

Under 1.5k- Rega Apollo.
the Aloia 11.01 is pretty good for an all around player...i use mine for its transport and run it through a scott nixon tube dac....total= $2900
The best cd player I have bought for the money,
And don't laugh until you heard one in your system, is a Sony D-EJ109 portable cd player its silver. I had bought this to use when I worked out,then I started taking it to use when I was going to purchase used gear, say off craigs list or thrift stores ect.. It sound super, every bit as good as the NAD 542 player I had. It was only $55 bucks!, not as good as the Arcam 192 I own, BUT its no let down either, and that says a lot. I wish it came in a box type set.
Happy listening!
Cheers! Mcgarick