The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
Dosen't mrhiendaudio make ya wanna do biz w/him? Baranyi, email e your # and we can get together and stay out of the snow. Tvad, whasup buddy!!!
711Smilin, I fail to understand how a Denon 3910 could be playing in the super high-end market and be significantly better than Emmlabs , even "modified". Denon themselves have a high-end player (the DSD-SA1 retails for about $10,000) that is certaily very good but not up to the latest Emmlabs SE gear. I don't think this player is marketed in the USA yet. Couldn't APL modify the Emmlabs CDSA SE player...would love the hear how much further they could push that!
Regards
Henry
02-23-07: Mtkhl567
I fail to understand how a Denon 3910 could be playing in the super high-end market and be significantly better than Emmlabs.
All that's required is some more homework, Henry. You'll discover that an APL Denon 3910 has very little to do with a stock Denon after being re-engineered with completely new APL electronics. Think NASCAR. The high performance Chevys, Fords and Toyotas on the track have nothing whatsoever in common with cars off the assembly line. So too the APL Denon 3910, and the APL NWO 2.0 based on an Esoteric player.

An opportunity to hear one will take care of the rest.

APL HiFi products are made in California, but they are not marketed on a large scale. Primarily word of mouth.
I heard the APL on two systems, one being mine. Synergy is the thing. For a particular SET system, it breathed dynamics and presence into the system. In my own highly resolving system, it sounded like a basket of bones. As for the Toshiba, don't get me started.