The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I'm now seeing the Toshiba SD9200 available at $200.
Combined with an MIT AC noise reducing power cord for another few hundred, and some type of economical isolation device which you should have anyway, you will have surprisingly decent sound. (My MIT/Spectral system is very revealing). Cheers.
Mrtennis made a VERY good point but people can give recommendations then you have to choose based on your taste and several other factors that are important to you.

Raysonic
Marantz
Denon
Onkyo
Rega

just to name a few that I have experience with, are priced right, and sound good to me. research first though

there is no best cd player for the money because there is no best cd player. this maxim applies to all components.

the designation "best", encompasses many variables. the variables and the priority attached to each is a subjective judgement.

without absolute standards/criteria, there is no best anything.

it would be better to use the words "preferred" or "favorite".

i think people looking for guidance should be very careful about following pronouncements as to the "best" anything.
Musical Fidelity A5.

10 pages and not one mention of the Musical Fidelity A5 which is a bargain at twice the price. I have the MF TriVista SACD player and the redbook CD is amazing at $6500 new (used $3000). But the A5 I auditioned might have been better on Redbook.
i am a newbie. whats the redbook means? i has been mentioned lots of times in the threat. thx
I don't know where the name redbook came from but it is a standard cd format. Not high resolution format.