Help with narrowing down speaker choice

I've been struggling with final choice for a speaker. First, I have a small to medium sized room (16 X 13 X 9). I want an intimate speaker and I own tube amplification. I listen to and like Jazz, Folk, and Rock in that order.

The speakers not need to be true full-range but they need to be close. I currently own the Thiel CS 3.6 speakers and they're very close to full range. I really like my Thiels, but I'm looking for the next level. I wish to better the Thiels in resolution and natural sound, or that real instrument sound. I especially would like to see an improvement in pinpoint imaging. The Thiels are good at this but not great. BTW - My tube amplification excels at bass, and the Thiels dish it out. I have no room for subwoofers, nor do I want sacfrifice a lot of bass being already spoiled.

Speaker placement enters into the equation, as the speakers must be away from the side walls, so no corners. I can move the speakers up to three feet from the rear wall.

The main speaker on my current list is the Horning Aristoteles, but I've only heard the Eufrodites. The Aristoteles are also in my price point of under $10,000. I will also be using a triode amp, so an efficiency of above 90 dB is needed, especially if I later wind up with a low watt amp. So, figure from 7 to 28 watts/ch triode.

Here are three speakers that are my current contenders, but I don't know if I'll get to hear them all. As you can probably tell, they all share a similar footprint:

Horning Aristoteles
Coinicident Super Victory II
Reference 3A Grand Veena
kennythekey
Kenny, I just moved from Thiel 3.6 after 12 years as my primary speaker to Eggleston Works Andra II. A significant improvement in every area, with huge tuneful bass and a midrange to lust over, which Thiels, as good as they are can't quite deliver.

You mention placement - these have a very reasonable footprint for their size, they weigh 215 lbs. According to EW they are designed to be placed closer to the rear wall. I have mine about 40" out, my Thiels on the other hand were out closer to 60" to really open up.

Just another option to consider - you have some awesome speakers on your list and solid suggestions as well. Good luck in your decision.
Kenny - I just read your post again, your room size could be an issue for the Andra's. They like distance between them, just a thought.
Kenny, I just moved from Thiel 3.6 after 12 years as my primary speaker to Eggleston Works Andra II. A significant improvement in every area, with huge tuneful bass and a midrange to lust over, which Thiels, as good as they are can't quite deliver.

You mention placement - these have a very reasonable footprint for their size, they weigh 215 lbs. According to EW they are designed to be placed closer to the rear wall. I have mine about 40" out, my Thiels on the other hand were out closer to 60" to really open up.

Just another option to consider - you have some awesome speakers on your list and solid suggestions as well. Good luck in your decision.
Thanks Pops, it always comes down to the space.

With limited resources, or not, I cannot expect to do it all in my room. There is that inevitable limitation, but I want to try to do my best.

I've also visited and revisited the more singular path of more organic choices such as the Auditorium 23's Stellavox and Shindo amps. However, that approach suggests a different type of limitation, as natural as it may be in what it does exceedingly well. I think Audio Notes, or a speaker like the Audiokinises’ Dream Maker would suit me better if it weren't for the placement issues that I’ve got. A custom job from KCS is really enticing, but I must evaluate the leap-of-faith element.

I've also considered open baffle types with real focus on the Bastanis speakers. These are also designed primarily for SET amplification. However, to make them go low you add their self-powered subwoofers. I don't want add-on woofers, unless my existing amp can be set up to drive the entire package.

For these reasons, I’ve listed the three different speakers in the beginning of this thread. They seem to fit my room, my amp, the music I listen to, and my budget. From what I’ve heard or read, these speakers also outperform my Thiels in all or most areas. The other thing I like is that they’re accessible, meaning, I can actually touch them and listen to them. Of course, that in itself requires effort and patience.

I am open to other suggestions, but I wanted to explain my situation and mindset. I would also like to hear from those of you who like the speakers that I’m considering and why. Or, why you don’t like them.
I think all 3 are good, having heard them all at different times. Personally, I didn't like the Coincident, which suprised me, after all the reports on them.
I have been looking for fuller range higher sensitivity speakers too and went to RMAF in 09 to search them out. I know you don't want other recommendations, but I am giving you 2 anyway. Firstly Silverline, the Boleros which are costly at about $13000, well it's costly to me. I enjoyed them very much.
The second and the one I bought and recommend, is Daedalus. I bought the Da-R Mas monitors, which are rated down to 38HZ, but have a deep fast natural sounding base. They are less than half the cost of the Boleros and exceptionally good value for the money. I bought those and they are my last speakers and yes I know everyone says it's their last, but I mean it