Auralex SubDude

Anyone using the Auralex Acoustics SubDude underneath their powered subwoofer?

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_subdude/subdude.asp

According to the web site:
"Its purpose is to prevent sound from transmitting through your subwoofer to surrounding surfaces."

Does the SubDude really work as advertised?

What sonic benefits have you experienced?
agiaccio
Jlind325is

The Velodyne subs I used the Auralex SubDude or Great Gramma on were forward firing so I can't help you there with the down firing part of your question. I do know though for the subs I do have I did get good results by putting them on the Auralex iso platforms.
I use it for the downfiring ACI Titan II LE with similar results as everyone else. The only complaint I have is the build quality is a little cheesy but it works.
Jedinite24-thanks for the response. I'm using a downward firing with passive radiator right now and just received my SubDude, i will add my input after i get a feel for the new addition.

Kkm-i agree with you that the build quality is cheesy. My freakin' logo is not even centered! Its about 1 1/2" off. Wow Auralex.
Jlind325is

No problem. I wasn't much help but please definitely share your thoughts on the subdude. I know it helped in my case.

Brawny

I've seen the SubDude go from $50 to $60 each new from various online e-tailers.

Sometimes you can get lucky on the secondary market and get them for min $25. I used to check CL all the time for Auralex or other room treatments. Sometimes I would luck out.