Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
This discussion is starting to go a little circular.
So let me just correct a couple things from my perspective and then just leave it be. We don't need to end up arguing.

So, first, I never said that stands don't sound different. Of course they do. Otherwise I wouldn't be making the point that it's important for them to be 1) sturdy, 2) heavy (Ie. high mass), and 3) not contribute their own sound (Ie. ringing like a bell. Or a tuning fork, if you will)

The quote concerning "...stands are not one of them (stereo performance)." was grossly taken out of context. That statement applied to my assertion that there is not a lot of complicated things going on with a stand, from an engineering perspective. In other words, they are not remotely mysterious to a qualified engineer. There ARE many things in stereo performance that can seem a little inexplicable, such as why so many people find analog to sound better than digital. I do not find this to be the case with speaker stands. I simply assert that the right engineers already know everything they need to know in both mechanical engineering and materials science to make something that adequately lifts a speaker to the proper height and yet does not negatively impact on the overall performance.

This is my perspective and experience. If someone would like to contribute meaningful and concrete reasons as to what else could be contributing to the performance, as I've said already, I'm open to learning something new.
Prdprez, I knew you had minimal experimental knowledge of this topic. Try putting your floor standers on a set of stillpoints or sistrum stands and let us know what you HEAR. Physics is not simply theoretical in nature. There is the experimental arm as well....

Physics and Engineering is a useful platform to try and understand the various facets of this hobby, but there are enormous gaps in understanding in both fields. Case in point, engineers told us for a long time that wire did not matter. Lamp cord was equivalent to exotic wire. Now we know, based on actual measurements, that wire can effect timing errors (jitter). I have been told that mechanical grounding a crossover has effects on its actual performance. Since you have a physics background, is there an explanation for that? Any explanations for stabilization effecting electronic circuits? Surely its more witchcraft.....
Prdprez, I think you are right about the discussion getting circular and off the topic. I find that speaker stands sound quite different and that I like some. If you insist that they are done by "right" engineers and I think that our knowledge is insufficient to totally explain what we hear, I am will to just say yes, you are right and go on think I am right. I have manmade ebony stands (newspaper and plastic). They don't ring, are heavy, with StillPoints OEMs under the speakers, spikes under the stands, and sound great. I would love to hear the MMMicro one on them.
Today I stumbled upon an interesting article penned by Gary Koh, chief dude at Genesis.
I'm posting it here for the benefit of all those curious about the stand discussion above.
Gary does a very good job of explaining, in layman's terms, what is going on with all the various coupling/de-coupling devices, materials, etc. etc. And he makes some fairly good recommendations on how to go about optimizing your gear.

It supports my assertion that this is not mystical or voodoo stuff going on. Point of fact, an educated person CAN make some very good assumptions, based on his equipment, and not have to go through an endless cycles of experimenting with devices.
It's my contention that we assume far too much "voodoo" or "unknown/inexplicable" stuff going on in audio. I think this is largely due to pervasive marketing that poses as solid scientific truth.
Fortunately, there are a handful of people, such as Gary, who take the time to explain things truthfully. Sure, his perspective is one of "We're doing it the right way". But he does a good job of explaining the gamut of ideas in an unbiased way.

Anyway, it's good reading for anyone experimenting with stands and coupling/de-coupling devices for their speakers and equipment.

http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/whitepaper/Genesis_Loudspeaker_Coupling_Decoupling.pdf