2ce sig ii tilt and listening height

hello, my 2nd post. i have the 2ce sig ii's and i have them titled back to accomodate my listening height. i sit in an office desk chair and when i lean back in that chair, it seems like the image lowers a bit and warms up, dire straits' mark knopfler's voice seems to blend back into the music and it sounds somewhat more mellow.

now, sitting more upright in my chair (ears a couple inches higher so maybe too high for the alignment?) mark's voice and the music tends to be a little more forward and perhaps more detailed.

question is, which is more accurate considering these speakers and the reported small window of optimum listening position?

thanks
g19276
The only answer is what sounds better to you? Almost all systems will shift the image and soundstage as you move up and down and side to side. Find the sound you're looking for and "listen to the music".
Mofimadness
The only answer is what sounds better to you

I second that.

Best,

Dave
Try a bubble level and adjust speakers correct from side to side by adjusting spikes in bases
Then get a laser level place it on top of each speaker
aimed to behind your listening chair.
Mark with tape where the lasers land for both speakers and get them both exact.
then do the tilt back to your preference.
This will help you figure out where the magic is.
Make sure you snug up all bolts after you are done.
I would make sure you have an area rug between you and the speakers and try book cases first before you pad down all the walls this will better preserve coherence, overtones and harmonics.
Make sure if you are bi wired your speaker wire is the same
type and gauge on woofers and tweeters separated at least 4 inches apart on both speakers and if you can keep it off the floor.
Cheers Johnnyr
Try to tilt them back even more. You can experiment putting some books under the front. Those speakers are very placement dependent.
You'll need to experiment to find the proper tilt angle for your listening height and distance from the speakers. I set my 2CE sigs up with very little tilt after noticing they sounded best when I was standing at the listening position. It took a few tries to get it dialed in. Worth it when it's there though.