TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Jsala,

I'd be interested in your opinion of the sound post burn-in. I've been holding off trying it.
Clio, the QuickSilver only has 24 hours on it but it is much smoother and less bright than it was last night. The music last night was not just bright, it was no longer coherent. This evening, much of the coherency is back. The midrange seems a little bit thin, though. I'll listen again after another 24 and 48 hours.

Howard, what color 9500 do you like? I bought mine in HK and got a black one.
Jsala and Clio09: Extreme AV's Quick Silver conductive paste doesn't sound very good initially. Initially, it will sound bright and edgy. The good news is, it does break in and settles down.

I'm a huge proponent of Quick Silver, which can be seen on their Quick Silver testimonials pages http://www.xtremeavllc.com/PDFs/QuickSilverTestimonials.pdf

After it was thoroughly broken in, I noticed a lower noise floor, improved dynamics (micro and macro), much tighter focus, and improved resolution (like being able to distinguish that there were 2 backing vocals instead of what sounded before like just one).

Huge improvements on video, too! I've had to lower my white level, brightness level and contrast 3 times while the Quick Silver broke in. Image resolution greatly improved. Quick silver alone gave me a larger improvement than my last line doubler up-grade. (And for a fraction of the price).

Best,

Jack Seaton
Jsala-

The Quicksilver really does seem to take most of the 72 hours to settle in. Apparently the break in is somewhat dependent upon the current through the specific contacts.
Yes, initially, it makes things much brighter and edgy in my experience. That does smooth out quickly and I like the overall impact of the product after it settles in.
Jsala,
Mine is the beautiful golden color!

To all,
For Quick Silver paste application, do you guys treat only the RCA sockets or are RCA plugs on IC's also treated? How much is needed? Can anyone also suggest the best way to apply 'appropriate' amount?