TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Baranyi: Have you had the opportunity to hear any of the modified players in your area?

If so, which ones?

Best,

Jack Seaton
Bob: Glad to hear that you made it to Ezra's. He is a wonderful guy with an incredible system. I heard that he is getting the new Transistor Research amps. I have their smaller integrated.

The TRL 14 is an incredible machine at an affordable price.

Keep us informed.

Best,

Jack Seaton
I listened to the TRL SA-14 and came away very impressed. I compared the unit to my rotel 1072. Witout hearing the TRL the Rotel sounds very good. After hearing the modified SA-14, the Rotel is a very good bargain however it is not in the Sa-14's class. I heard much more music fleshed out with the TRL and all the other audiophile things we all look for. The system I heard was Audioezra's which is in transition. I must say that Ezra is a wonderful guy and I enjoyed every minute spent with him. I never had spent time with the Marantz Sa-14. I must tell you that the machine is incredible looking enough to warrant the purchase. The silky operation of the CD tray was just amazing. I am thinking very strongly of getting the Sa-14 and having it modified by TRL. I liked it that much. Bob
Baranyi-

I forgot that Ezra lives in the Chicago area.
He knows audio.
Glad to hear you had a chance to hear the TRL SA14.
I enjoy mine very very much.
Good luck in your search!
Thank you. I have a question whether all the Version 2 marantz sa-14's had the champagne face plates with God accents? I have never seen one of the black version one sa-14's. How do they look in comparison? Bob