TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
FYI, they have done well over 600 mods on various units in the last year. Whatever you have, they probably have seen it or are familiar with it.
Nice guys and great work.

Lets not forget some of the recordings Paul has been involved in. I hope to hear them soon.
I am sending off my SA-14 today to TRL. Even in its stock form the SA-14 blew away my Rotel 1072. It was hard to let go of even stock. I can't wait to hear it with TRL's mods. Did I read it right that it needs 500 hours break-in for both CD and SACD? Bob
Baranyi-

According to the way I understand Paul's explanation to me-500 hours total of playing time on either CD or SACD (not each) since it is a used unit.
If it was a brand new unit, the he does suggest making sure to break in both with some SACD and CD play.