TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Baranyi-

According to the way I understand Paul's explanation to me-500 hours total of playing time on either CD or SACD (not each) since it is a used unit.
If it was a brand new unit, the he does suggest making sure to break in both with some SACD and CD play.
Great thread. Still on topic after all this time. Just want to say my TRL SA-8260 really likes to be isolated from vibration. I personally use mapleshade cones into a maple rack with heavyhats on top. I mention this because its a cheap tweek and the TRL mod takes these players to a level where such things are "noticeably audioable"(are those words?).
Good point about the TRL modded units will subsequently reveal changes you make in your system regarding tweaks or downstream changes quite easily.
I am guessing that mods from most high end shops do this this to some extent. TRL certainly places a premium on detail and reducing noise floor in all of their mods.
It is amazing how much noise is present in most units and amps and we don't realize it until it is removed.
Enjoy the music!

It is nice that this thread has been allowed to stay on course. In this regard, I applaude the A'Gon moderators for not allowing this thread to be taken over as the Esoteric DV-50S was. :)

Thanks!

Jack Seaton