TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
It is nice that this thread has been allowed to stay on course. In this regard, I applaude the A'Gon moderators for not allowing this thread to be taken over as the Esoteric DV-50S was. :)

Thanks!

Jack Seaton
TRL should receive my unit today. That should mean that I will have the modified player back by late next week. I can't wait to hear the differences after spending 2 weeks with the stock SA-14. Bob

Hi Bob,

Make sure you get back to this thread with your impressions. I hope to have my unit soon also.

Jack-

This is a nice thread. Good information sharing without the big egoes.
Bob and Jack

I am another anxious to hear your impressions. I never heard my SA-14 in it's stock form. I was so ready, after emailing Paul at TRL several times, that i sent my unit to them directly. I know that I love what I hear. :-) I really hope that you two find the sound as appealing as I.

BTW - This is one of the most enjoyable threads on Agon. Way to go gang!

paul
La45: Hey Cuz, how have you been? Glad to hear that you're going the SA-14 route. :)

Jack