TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Latest News-

Just received my TRL Marantz SA-14v.2 and I am happy to say its a pleasant surprise. Its performance is far better than the TRL 2000es in some respects and with time I am sure other areas will fall into place once its broken in (200 hours).

What a sound! Are most of you running the player thru the balance outputs?
I am running non-balanced as my integrated does not have balanced connections.

Was wondering of anyone uses power conditioning of any type on this unit?
Was thinking of an Audio Magic Mini Digital passive unit, or a modded ART unit Paul at TRL suggested.
Hello Cuz,

It's not going to sound "right" until it reaches around 300 hours. that's when the bottom end and lower mids fleshed out for me and the image focus tightened up dramatically.

Mine kept sounding better up until around 550 to 600 hours, although, to be honest, I didn't keep that close of tabs on the hours after the 300 hour mark.

After the 300 hour mark, I just sat back and enjoyed the music. I still find myself staying up later than I should ...

Keep us informed, LA45 and Shuang.

Best,
Agree that around 300 hours it really kicks in.
Changes continue after that but they seem more incremental.
Clio09 has the new D225 TRL basic amp (not integrated). Got it yesterday. I can't wait to hear his impressions.

Lkdog: How have you been? Any new changes to the system? And the kitchen remodel ... ?

Jack