What's the best CD and/or multiplayer today

Just got notice that my long awaited Spectral 4000 will soon be available - at $15,000! CD only. Any suggestions for alternatives at or below that price range?
kocsis
Linn Unidisk 1.1 A true universal player. Comes in at $11K. Plays CDs, SACD, DVD-A, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD +RW. It's CD playback is very close to the $20K CD12. Best CD player I've ever head outside of the CD12. Much less being able to play all the other formats. And you get video! Brought out details in CDs we've played 100 times I never knew were there before.

Tell us more about your current system and what you'll primarily be listening to and you'll get more informative responses. Best wishes.
Also, upcoming APL redesigned Teac Esoteric UX-1, to be called NWO-1. All formats, will drive amps directly.
Teac Esoteric X-01, for redbook and SACD: I have heard this particular player a few times and loved it more and more each time.
Teac Esoteric P70/D70 combo, redbook only: possibly slightly better at redbook than X-01. New model in Japan only is called P70VU/D70VU, said to be improved redbook only.

Ultimately, the best player is the one you will buy after falling hopelessly in love with it! It may literally be a matter of 'Love At First Bbyte!'
Frankly, when it comes to source components, I don't understand what difference the rest of the system makes in one's decision. To me, a source should deliver what's on the disk in an uncolored and unadulterated fashion. But, there are those who prefer some coloration. I believe one should add that element later in the signal chain, if desired.

My system is based on Spectral electronics - amp and preamp (DMC 30SL) and WATT/Puppy 7s.
The Esoteric is very good, and built to withstand a laser guided bomb hit. But I must say that personally, I second the vote for the Linn Unidisk 1.1. You should hear the two of course, as their sound is quite different and there is no telling which you will prefer.